Friday 6 November 2009

Guitar Effects Pedals, Start your Own Niche Business

Guitar effects or distortion pedals are the ideal product to sell both on and off-line. They are small, easy to pack and ship and most importantly VERY profitable.

Guitar effects pedals are big business, a search on Ebay will uncover a wide range of fast selling items being snapped up by budding guitarists worldwide.

An effect pedal is basically a small device that distorts the sound coming from a musical instrument to modify the instruments sound. These devices alter the sound quality of the input signal to produce effects such as overdrive, wah-wah, flanging, fuzz, distortion, reverberation and chorus, and are used primarily by guitarists and keyboard players, but gaining popularity with instrumentalists such as violinists.

Their size and market demand for effects pedals make for a great business opportunity for anyone that is looking to service this hungry market.

When I first heard about a guide written by a guy who trades guitars and other music gear both on Ebay I was interested enough to buy it and was glad that I did as, not only was it superbly written and very workable, it gave me the idea for several niche businesses that showed massive profit potential.

The sheer range of guitar effects pedals available and the size of the marketplace make this a potentially very lucrative area in itself. I was very surprised to see the profit potential of these small in-demand products, and a couple of things that I picked up whilst researching the market really grabbed my attention.

First thing I noticed was that the profit margins were very high for an item that was easy to pack and ship, and does not have to be purchased from suppliers in any large quantity, and can be sold profitably both on and offline.

Secondly that these items are selling quickly online at a variety of prices which means that the market is wide open to sell into.

I also noticed that sites such as Ebay do not sell all of the effects pedals that I came across in suppliers that I found listed in the guide, and sellers were listing effects pedals and other music gear items that were selling fast with very little or NO competition.

While I was reviewing the guide and researching the music gear re-seller marketplace, I noticed in one of my son’s heavy metal magazines a review of a guitar effects pedal known as a wah-wah pedal, and the reviewer gave the item a glowing report. After checking out Ebay, I noticed that these pedals were selling at a heck of a rate with a profit margin of around 40 per cent, and were previously selling well enough without the magazine’s endorsement.

Anyone looking to set themselves up in a niche, under-exploited and easy to run business would do well to purchase the guide, make notes on the recommended suppliers items and go for it.

As I mentioned earlier, I believe that there are several niche businesses available to exploit that could be very easily profited from using exactly the same tactics that the guide’s writer uses to sell guitars at an amazing rate.


To find out more about this interesting and profitable opportunity:

www.musicgearprofits.com

No comments:

Post a Comment